Some Suggestions for you Stan
by Tim Voigt
Hello Stan Grist.
My name is Tim Voigt. I try to get into adventurer fun from time to time to make life interesting for me.
You seem like someone who likes the life of it, something like pretending or dreaming of being Indiana Jones all the time.
You cultivate an image of being a disciple of Indiana Jones and your fans pick up on that. Its fun, but don't quit your day job or let it be too serious. It is after all a life of danger and fun, but danger can get to you.
Things related to you include;
The Tomb Raider video game franchise. Your life and this game seem almost the same. Indiana Jones fiction is a good seller.
Why not write books inventing an adventurer like yourself or Jones and market its fiction, could be fun if you have talent.
What do you do with all that gold?
Do your lost cities get studied by pro archaeologists.
Why not write a book discussing the philosophy of adventure.
Have fun. Take care.
Stan's response: Hi Tim. Thanks for your questions and comments. I'll address each one of them in order.
1. Yes, I do think of the fictional character of Indiana Jones sometimes. I find the movie series to be motivating for me. That said, I don't really pretend to be Indiana Jones as I have my own style and way of doing things in the "real world".
2. As far as not quitting my "day job"... Acutually, my day job is adventuring, so I think I'll stick with it for a while longer.
3. Unfortunately, I don't have much time these days to be involved with, or writing any fiction. I always have several projects on the go. Subscribe to my newsletter to learn more about them.
4. I use the gold I find to finance more adventures. I also save a little when there is extra.
5. My lost cities are rarely visited by pro archaeologists. Local archaeologists do not have enough funding to work with me and international archaeologists don't come to Ecuador very often. When they do, they are busy with their own agendas.
That said, I do have clients who pay me to take them to the best sites I have discovered. You should come join me sometime!